1/30/09

TextBroker - Paying Freelance Market

If you're looking for a great, quick money-making article site, then TextBroker could be the site for you. I joined up only a couple of weeks ago and thought I'd give it a shot before blogging about it.

I joined up and was immediately issued a 'rating 3'. Apparently everyone begins at rating 3 until they've written a few articles for clients to prove their writing level. Once you've had your articles rated by the clients and checked by TextBroker's staff, you could either be moved up to a rating of 4 or 5 stars or down to a rating of 2 stars - or you might stay where you are at 3 stars.

TextBroker's Payment is based on your rating and your rating is based on your performance. Payment is via PayPal once a month.

At 2 stars rating pay is 0.7 cent per word
At 3 stars rating pay is 1 cent per word
At 4 stars rating pay is 1.5 cents per word
At 5 stars rating pay is 5 cents per word

TextBroker will only accept applications from US writers. So if you're in the US, then maybe TextBroker might be an option for you to increase your freelance writing income.

(p.s. my next blog post will explain how an Australian writer gets to write for US-only markets legally...)

2 comments:

Carolyn Cordon said...

Hi Bianca. I am very much enjoying working my way around this website. There's plenty to get excited about, and you know brag about how wonderful you are, (even though you are a wonderful person, obviously).
You replied to a blog post I made on the Destroy Debt website, and piqued my interest in finding out about better ways to make money online. Your website is full of good stuff. Congrats, you're a bonzer sheila. Ooh, do we really say things like that? I sure as hell don't.

Carolyn Cordon said...

Wow, the perils of not checking before hitting the send button. I should have written 'You don't brag about..'
That makes more sense. I was trying to impress you and suck up at the same time, but I just embarrassed myself instead.